One of the benefits of being out in the sun is that it is a natural source of Vitamin D, an essential vitamin for healthy skin and general wellbeing. Vitamin D can also boost happiness and a balanced mood in significant ways.
It’s a lot easier to feel positive, refreshed and joyful when you have been exposed to the right amount. Conversely, a lack of Vitamin D has been linked to fatigue and low mood, which is why tanning is about much more than changing the colour and shade of your skin. At The Mega Tan Lounge, tanning is about feeling your very best.
All the tanning beds that we use here at The Mega Tan Lounge are a great source of Vitamin D, whilst also being safe. When you sunbathe outside, you run the risk of uneven tanning and overexposure to sunlight. This is a lot easier to monitor and regulate with our state-of-the-art tanning beds, all of which can provide the optimal boost of Vitamin D to your skin. Not only will you be tanning and enjoying the relaxing tanning process, but you will be providing your body with a vital vitamin that can also help to soothe away skin problems, such as acne and psoriasis. At The Mega Tan Lounge, you can boost your Vitamin D in a safe and fast way. There is no need to lie in the harmful sunshine all day, as our tanning beds work quickly, safely and effectively.
Vitamin D Therapy
Benefits of Vitamin D Therapy:
- Cellular Health: including breast, colon and prostate cancers
- Bone Health: including osteoporosis, hip fractures, osteomalacia and hip fractures
- Organ Health: including high blood pressure, hypertension and heart disease
- Mental Health: including SAD, PMS, depression and general mood
- Auto-immune Diseases: including multiple sclerosis, Type 1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis
- Skin Disorders: including psoriasis
- Obesity and exercise programmes
- Sunlight is the most effective way for the body to manufacture Vitamin D. Yet in the UK and Ireland, our bodies can only manufacture Vitamin D from exposure to the sun during the months of May to October. Outside of these months, the son is simply not strong enough
ARE YOU AT RISK FROM VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY?
Age: The older you are, the harder it is for your skin to make Vitamin D from sunlight
Lifestyle: The more time you spend indoors during daylight hours, the less opportunity you have to make Vitamin D
Geographical Location: In the UK and Ireland you get less sun over the course of the year because the sunlight isn’t strong enough to make Vitamin D in the winter.
Race: People with very dark skin, especially those of Asian and Afro – Caribbean descent find it difficult to make Vitamin D from limited sunlight.
Intestinal Diseases: For people woth Chron’s disease, cystic fibrosis and certain other intestinal diseases, as the intestine cannot efficiently absorb Vitamin D from the diest or supplement.
can you get the required amount of vitamin d that you need from dietary supplements alone?
You procedure vitamin d in the winter time
The elderly don't need as much uv exposure as the young
Your ability to manufacture Vitamin D diminishes from age twenty to age seventy. Older people are receptive to the alarmist warnings about excessive sun exposure and often decrease their exposure at a time when they need it most. Since Vitamin D is directly linked to bone health, this age group should be more concerned about factoring a hip because they are Vitamin D deficient.